Tuesday, April 29, 2014

God is moving!

I sit here thinking about what I am going to write about. I ponder all the things that have been going on in my life. There has been so much that God has been showing me lately and sometimes I don’t know how to handle it. He has been showing me things about the future and even about time now. Since I gave up almost all of my social media up for lent this year, I have learned that I do not need it and I spend more time on it than I really should. I think the biggest thing that God is teaching me right now is that He has a big plan for me.
I have learned that there is something that I am supposed to be doing in the future, but to be honest I have no idea what. I just had my final spring break and I was heading back to school on Easter to finish out the semester. I was driving on 74 when everything happened so fast. I had been on the road for no more than thirty minutes when it happened. I was in an accident and this time it wasn’t my fault. To be honest, I was lucky to walk away with a couple scratches. You may ask what happened? I was trying to pass a van and I was in the van’s blind spot. They started coming into my lane once but then went back to their own. Then they came back to my lane when they actually hit me and I didn’t realize it. I got off onto the shoulder as much as possible. I hit a gravel patch which I lost control of my car, I proceeded to overcorrect and it spun my car to face the field next to 74. As it spun me, I made contact with the car a second time and then I went across the other lane of traffic. I then went into the ditch through a barbed wired fence into a field, where I realized my foot was still on the accelerator and that’s why I wasn’t stopping.
Dad checking out the car in the field. 

As I called my mom, I definitely didn’t have some pretty words for her and I was so shook up. It took the whole night and part of the next day to calm myself down from the accident. I struggled with blaming myself for the accident and telling myself that I could have prevented the accident, but to be truthful I couldn’t. I honestly have just been thanking God that I am still here and I wasn’t hurt. Having to deal with everything throughout the whole week has been a little stressful, but we have been very blessed with how things have worked out. I still question how I wasn’t hurt more or how I wasn’t even killed. I ask why did it have to happen and how was I so lucky to walk away with a bruise on my neck and my leg from walking in the field.
Throughout dealing with everything from this second accident, I have learned that God has a big plan for me. There is something that He wants me to do, but honestly I have no idea what it is. I know that I have been blessed to walk away from both accidents. I have learned so much from the accident and I’m thankful mom and I have been able to joke around about it. She has said that we are going to get blow up bumpers for my car and a neon sign that says, “I’m in your blind spot.” Throughout the laughter and many tears, I can see God moving in my own life. I can see Him working and it is pretty incredible to see.
I volunteer in the prison every Monday and we are teaching the women practical information for when they leave. I was in there this last Monday for the last time of the semester, maybe even the last time ever. I had several women ask me how I was after my wreck and I even had one say that she had been praying for me. It is hard to see how fruitful our work has been in there, but I know that He is working in there. I know that every trial or every thing that I have done in my life has prepared me for what God has planned in my future. I am absolutely terrified to see what God is going to do with my life, but I am also super excited. I am ready for the journey.


After towing it to a gas station




I am going to leave you with this verse. 

“Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.”  -Romans 5:1-5


Blessings, 
Ally



No comments:

Post a Comment